Making A Complaint 

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible - ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks - because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.

If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem; or
within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months of the incident
Complaints should be addressed to Mr McNulty, the Practice Complaints Administrator.
Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with Mr McNulty in order to discuss your concerns.

He will explain the complaints procedure to you and ensure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.
Should your complaint involve Mr McNulty please feel free to address it to Mr Morden if you so wish.

What We Shall Do

We shall acknowledge your complaint within two working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within ten working days of the date when you raised it with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with those involved.

In investigating your complaint we shall aim to:

find out what happened and what went wrong;
make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned if you would like this;
make sure you receive an apology where this is appropriate;
identify what can be done to ensure the problem doesn't happen again.

Complaining on Behalf of Someone Else

Please note that we must keep strictly to the rules of confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of physical or mental illness) of providing this.

If you are not Satisfied

Should a patient have a complaint that cannot be resolved locally with the Practice the patient would need to contact the NHS Commissioning Board on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , or by telephone on 0300 311 22 33, who will escalate the complaint accordingly.

Alternatively, if the treatment was private:

The Dental Complaints Service (Private Treatment)
Dental Complaints Service
Stephenson House
2 Cherry Orchard Road
08456 120540

Other organisations involved in resolving dental complaints are:

The General Dental Council
37 Wimpole Street

The Healthcare Commision
Finsbury Tower
103-105 Bunhill Row


Barley Mow Dental Care

01666 822220

21 St Marys St,
SN16 0BJ

Opening Hours

08:15 - 05:15
08:15 - 05:15
08:15 - 05:15
08:15 - 05:15
08:30 - 02:00