At 4.30 pm on St George's Day 2007, a gas leak caused the cottage opposite us in the Horsefair to explode as the elderly resident turned on the kettle.

Both he and his dog sustained few injuries and no-one else was hurt, which is a miracle.

No one was prosecuted for the gas leak although the gas fitter renewing the pipes in the Horsefair had connected mains gas to an old pipe that was no longer in use.

 

  • Explosion_1
  • Explosion_2
  • Explosion_3
  • Explosion_4
  • Explosion_5
  • Explosion_Woodcock_1
  • Explosion_Woodcock_10
  • Explosion_Woodcock_11
  • Explosion_Woodcock_12
  • Explosion_Woodcock_13
  • Explosion_Woodcock_14
  • Explosion_Woodcock_15
  • Explosion_Woodcock_16
  • Explosion_Woodcock_2
  • Explosion_Woodcock_3
  • Explosion_Woodcock_4
  • Explosion_Woodcock_5
  • Explosion_Woodcock_6
  • Explosion_Woodcock_7
  • Explosion_Woodcock_8
  • Explosion_Woodcock_9